Questions to consider in polyamorous relationships
Cascade Spring Cook
Some things to pay attention to, to help in making a decision about whether or not to become involved in a particular relationship:
- Does this add to or detract from my other relationships? (In particular my primary relationship, if I have one)
- Am I increasing intimacy or avoiding intimacy?
- What are the likely effects of making love to this new person? Will I/we like the residues?
- Is this encouraging personal growth?
- Am I paying attention to my own needs? To my partners' needs?
- What are my motivations?
- How does this fit into my existing life? Do I have enough time for this?
- Does this feel life affirming?
- What do my inner voices say about this?
Cascade Spring Cook (Elaine Cook)
Aphroweb Home Page
Polyamory Relationship Counseling