Tools for self-acceptance - questions and actions
Cascade Spring Cook
Lack of self-acceptance can be a real problem in relationships, especially in polyamorous relationships. Insecurity often underlies jealousy. Here are some questions to ask yourself and actions to take to help you develop more self-acceptance.
- What do I especially appreciate in friends and other people?
- How do I manifest those qualities that I particularly appreciate?
- Keep a notebook of the ways you manifest those qualities.
- Start a practice of doing a good deed every day.
- See how that makes you feel.
- Tell people what you appreciate about them.
- Every evening, write down some things that you particularly appreciate about yourself on this day.
- Reread these when you're feeling bad about yourself.
Dr. Martin Seligman found that his students reported that doing a good deed helped them feel better longer than doing something for relaxation, such as seeing a movie.
Cascade Spring Cook (Elaine Cook)
Aphroweb Home Page
Polyamory Relationship Counseling